Monday 3 June 2019

Schedule and risk assessment

Schedule

Due to the fact I am using friends to film and not paid actors, I cannot plan an exact date(s) to film the video so I will shoot whenever everybody is available. I shall shoot the video in chronolgical order if I can, I think this will be easiest. I have 4 main scenes/locations - the bedroom, kitchen, living room and garden/street. I will allocate around an hour to an hour and a half for each. The outdoor scene is the only one that will be time critical so I may film it first or whenever the weather is suitable (high noon would be best as it would create the best natural lighting with hopefully less shadows).

Risk assessment

Scene 1 - the bedroom

I have very little hazardous equipment, my camera setup does not use wires and cables, so we are safe with that. We may have to move the bed around. I will be accompanied by an adult when/if this happens to avoid injury.

Scene 2 - the kitchen

The kitchen is less safe as there are fewer soft and cushioned surfaces like in the bedroom. I must also keep an eye out for the utensils and tools in this room. I shall have a first aid kit on standby if it is needed. I will avoid them whilst filming. Secondly, this setting is where the falling "heart attack" sequence takes place. Therefore, when the actor falls over, I will use padding on the floor, of course this must be out of frame.

Scene 3 - the living room

The living room is a safer environment. The actor throws props in this sequence so I must focus on keeping this as safe as possible. I might use a cushion such as in the kitchen. The high angle ceiling shot which I storyboarded may be hard to film without risk of injury so I might take it out of the shoot.

Scene 4 - garden/street 

If I choose the garden to film, I will be conscious of concrete and hazardous objects in the area, they will be disposed of for filming. However, if I choose the street, I will not only have to do the same as above but also watch out for traffic. If I have to film on the road, I will have someone on watch for oncoming vehicles, yet I live on a very quiet street, so we will be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment