Monday 29 April 2019

Research into the target audience



My Target Audience
  
The kind of audience interested in the track I am creating is a fun-loving 16-25 year old mass market demographic with no specific social/economic status. This target audience would also include those who are interested in a range of hobbies such as sports, art and fashion. Fashion is important as famous celebrities in the pop industry set a lot of trends surrounding fashion. The target audience must also spend a lot of time with social media and other mainstream media platforms as the genre is frequently seen and promoted with these. Although it is aimed towards several age groups, the primary group is teenagers who are no too likely to have a full time job.

                                         
Analysis:

The answers I have recieved mostly reflect what I have researched about my audience. All but one anomaly fit the age bracket of 16-25. Also, the vast majority of responses support the idea of pop audiences being fun-loving with interesting hobbies. A sub-genre that came up a lot was indie-pop and I am pleased that the people enjoy this as I think I will do best with a track of this style. I feel as though the data gathered is reliable as most people stated that they enjoyed listening to the pop genre and did so relatively often.

What I have learned

I now have some ideas about what the audience would enjoy and expect from a pop music video. I shall refer back to this when planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment